The other day I had posted about how RKB also known as the Lusty Lady had some fool bothering her. In the comments section of her blog I was really amazed that some people advocated shooting the guy. Not just shooting him but, killing him.
Roll that over in your head for a second.
Here‘s the rub... the people advocating shooting the guy would best be described as liberal:
Trixie Fontaine said...
That is fuuuuuuuuuuucked. And if he has already contacted you three or more times since you told him not to, it might not be a bad idea to call the cops already.
Sex writing might be part of what's fueled his plan to stalk you, but just plain delusional thought is where it starts and there's no behavior of yours that can change the kind of rationale that thinks having simply seen your myspace page constitutes the forging of a real "friendship".
With movies, etc. continuing to teach people that certain behaviors are not stalking, it's endearing persistence that leads to marriage, having the cops warn him off might let him know he's not going to break down your resistance to what he thinks are his charms, but will lead to a restraining order and possible jail time.
jessica said...
that is some crazy shit - and good call trixie, on movies romanticizing this kind of behavior.
it's amazing what people think they can get away with when addressing and/or dealing with women who do what they want with their own sexuality. hateful comments, badgering comments, waaaaaay over-the-line comments...fuck this guy, and it took balls (ovaries?) for you to post about it instead of just letting it fester.
MeiLin Miranda said...
We deal with this at Casa de Miranda by being armed. Seriously.
I'm going for my concealed carry permit soon, and Sir already has one. I gots a 12-gauge shotgun named Zoe and a .22 rifle named Martha, and I'm getting a larger caliber Sig Sauer handgun to carry. Sir has his own .38 special named Wash.
Women are not as strong as men. Projection of force evens the odds, and I have zero qualms about shooting a stalker or anyone else who's trying to hurt me or my children.
We're not scary people; we have never drawn on anyone, we store our guns properly, and Sir is a better shot than most cops (I'm working on it). If we ever do draw it will be because we really think we need to shoot someone to save our lives. But we find that people just knowing we're armed cuts down on the bullshit dramatically.
Trixie Fontaine said...
I'm sure Rachel knows this/won't do these things, but contacting his employer and/or potentially putting him in danger by outing his personal information (which is also breaking the law) are pretty bad ideas. Because they're illegal. Because they're ineffectual, unfair things that could set him off and/or be perceived as justification for continuing the "relationship" he imagines, like it's just a bad breakup. Really doing things the legal way getting things documented herself, like she's doing, and with the cops then leading to a restraining order if necessary are the best ways to do it without opening herself up to litigation.
But yeah, being ready to shoot to kill is also an option I love. I can't imagine Rachel doing it, but yeah -- shoot to KILL so he can never testify against you in court. That's my motto.
Trixie Fontaine said...
After the big guys beat him up, she's still just as vulnerable of a target as a woman as she was before unless said big guys are walking around with her 24/7, only now the guy has an additional reason to really hate and resent her and try to feel big and strong and forcibly desirable (if that's the kind of guy he is).
As someone who said (among other things) "shoot to kill" (in response to something someone else said, I didn't bring it up initially) who is also a self-avowed liberal, I stand by it: if you're going to shoot someone who is trying to hurt you (I don't think anyone is saying she should go hunt him down right now and pop a cap in his ass at this point) it will just be much cleaner to end his ability to fuck with you at all, ever again.
I don't know why you would think beating the shit out of him NOW is an option worth championing to "send him a message" and is the liberal thing to do but that shooting him if he steps up his stalking and actually threatens her is not.
Reading the comments quickly, so maybe I missed something/misinterpreted things. . . I did say the shoot to kill thing off the cuff (and twice on accident, or maybe for the sheer pleasure of it).
Trixie Fontaine said...
Oh, my mistake. Your advice is to simply THREATEN him right now with bodily harm. Big swinging dicks instead of a concealed weapon.
Now, I posted a comment in the thread and two other people posted comments in the thread that didn’t once mention shooting someone but I love the fact that the people advocating shooting as a solution (and not just shooting but killing someone) were women. How f#%$ing ironic is that!
Projection of force? I like that phrase.
I’ve never been one to carry a gun and I have friends who do and have. Thing is, if you have a gun and you pull it out you kinda have to use it. If the person your dealing with also has a gun, well things can get very messy, very quickly and escalate to the point where people who are not involved in the slightest with what is happening, get hurt (these are usually called innocent bystanders or alternately collateral damage).
You might think I’m talking out of my a** on this one too but, I’ve had guns drawn on me twice (at least that I can remember). Once someone was trying to rob me and the other time by several over-zealous sheriffs on the West Coast.
The guy trying to rob me got squat and the cops were just a matter of cooperating but things could have been very different if I had a gun.
Also, while I can’t say I condone the miscreant’s behavior, what we’re talking about is akin to using an elephant gun instead of a fly swatter. Again, is it that f&$#ing hard to just say, ‘NO, I’M NOT INTERESTED!’ and then take things up level by level if and when they escalate?
I posted this here because I’ve gotten beyond the point where I’m inclined to have comment wars with people I consider idiots. The level of stupidity on the internet just amazes me sometimes though particularly when people who advocate the harshest response under one set of circumstances would pillory another if they followed that same course of action in a different set of circumstances.
Better still is the big, swinging dicks comment - penis envy? (LOL) People talk about projection of force and then totally fail to recognize that force is only effective when applied judiciously. Believe me, there’s tons of people in this world saying things I find offensive, hurtful, demeaning, the list goes on and on... but shooting them is not the answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment